Sunday 15 March 2015

Last Supper

So tomorrow is the big day. The beginning of my 28 days of Super Juice Me. I realise that only drinking juices for 28 days (with the exception of possible hunger sos' which are allowed on the plan eg a banana or half an avocado if I'm disproportionately hungry) isn't exactly the worst thing someone could do to themselves,but it is still a big deal! Eating is such a social thing and I'm such an emotional eater that not participating in that part of my life or 28 days is a big deal.

But I really want to complete it! Like I said before I have tried this twice before and gotten to day 12 and then day 17 but I really want to make the full 28 days! I have prepped my juices for tomorrow and I spent today eating like a pig. I will tell you that in the run up to any juice fast/cleanse/whatever you want to call it,you should really ease yourself into it by laying off processed foods,salts,fats,sugars etc so that your  withdrawal period is a lot easier. I have yet to take this advice myself and panic eat chocolate and crisps etc which I admit makes the first few days a bit harder-I am my own worst enemy!

My mood has been so crap lately and my energy levels are non existent so I know that I need the juicing back in my life. I weighed myself and I am 10st 12 (152 lbs). I have gained half a stone in the past month or so because of complete binge eating. I really want to get down to 9st 12 by the end of the 28 days (my overall goal weight is 8st 7). I'm a bit of a slave to the scale in that it really affects my mood depending on whether I like the number on it or not. I'm debating how often to weigh during the 28 days. I see some people weigh everyday when they do things like this,but I feel like that's a bit much for me.on the other side of the spectrum, some people only way on the first day and last day,but I think I need the motivation of seeing my progress. I think I will weigh each Monday,but that might change depending on my mood!

So juices are prepped.luckily my first drink is one of my favourites (it is called Protein Powerhouse). I really enjoy the 'thickies' on Jason Vales plans (juices with banana or avocado blended into them). The 'thinnies' are also nice but they don't hit the spot the same so I don't find them quite as exciting.

Anyway,I'm off to eat some chocolate (I wish I was joking but I have yet to become one of those people who really enjoys whole natural healthy food). I watch a lot of food and health related documentaries when I do juice cleanses (as recommended by Jason Vale). One of my favourites is a documentary called Food Matters but I am going to try one called Marketing Madness which is about the drug market and mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment